SUMMIT FINAL REPORT
To access available presentations:
Please select the session and click on the hyperlinks below
The Affordable Care Act / Medicaid Expansion / The Marketplace Exchange
-The Affordable Care Act. Presenter: Brenda Delgado, CMS Region V, External Affairs Liaison
- Medicaid Expansion. Presenter: Nita Carter, Health Equity Project Director, UHCAN- Ohio
- The Marketplace Exchange. Presenter: Barry Peel, Economic Development Specialist, Veteran Rep. & ACA Specialist. Small Business Administration.
- Senator Charleta Tavares [Bio]
- Behavioral Health in the Latino Community. Presenter: Paul H. Coleman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Maryhaven
- HIV & Infectious Diseases. Presenter: Kim Rodas, Co-Founder, Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center
- Impact of Social Determinants of Health. Presenter: Renee Malhaffey & Dwight Tillery, The Center for Closing the Health Gap
- The Health Insurance Marketplace: Informing your Community. Presenter: Jan Reed, Director, Community Outreach, Molina Healthcare
- Medicaid Expansion: Advocacy for Access in Policy. Presenter: Nita Carter, Health Equity Project Director, UHCAN- Ohio
- How to Access Medical Services & Outreach: Tools to Inform Your Community. Presenter: Benito Lucio, ODJFS
- How to Access Medical Services & Outreach: Tools to Inform Your Community. Presenter: Jesus Ovalle, Office of Minority Health, City of Columbus
- The Reality of Medical Interpreting in Ohio: Current Status & Recommendations for Medical Interpreters in the Health System.
Presenter: Julia Arbini-Carbonell - President, Hispanic Coalition of Ohio, Expert Panelists: Bruno Romero, Supreme Court Certification Expert, Natasha Curtis, Akron Children's Hospital Language Coordinator.
Other Resources & Reports:
The Health of Latinos in the Midwest