Insurance Company Communication Tips
- Communicate clearly and with confidence.
- If a request has been denied, don’t give up. Be persistent. Ask to speak with a supervisor if you aren’t satisfied with the results of the conversation.
- Know the benefits you are entitled to – this is your responsibility. Ask your representative to explain anything you don’t understand.
- Keep a log of all communications including dates, times and names. Take notes during any communication.
- If communication occurred over the phone, always follow up in writing. Include identify information as well as dates, time, names, and what you were told.
- Follow the procedures for submitting claims, filing appeals or requesting prior authorization to avoid any delays.