James Cancer Center for Cancer Health Equity
300 W 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Tel.: (614) 293-7020
Spanish Tel.: (614) 685-5593
The Center for Cancer Health Equity (CCHE) at the OSUCCC – James is dedicated to increasing cancer awareness in the community, with an emphasis on increasing participation in cancer clinical trials, especially by minority participants.
The goals of the program are to:
• Inform the community about the OSUCCC – James
• Educate the community about cancer prevention, detection and treatment
• Develop relationships in the central Ohio community
• Work with healthcare providers and educate them about clinical research
• Increase minority enrollment in clinical trials and research studies
Description of Services:
Services include community talks on cancer issues, health fairs and community events, men’s health education series, Mobile Mammography Screening program, family reunion kits with information about cancer prevention/detection/treatment, Grandma’s Hands program to encourage African-American women to participate in cancer clinical trials, Healthy Spirits/Healthy Bodies program, multimedia presentation on Clinical Trials, Comer Sano/Vivir Sano.
OLANet Admin Contact:
First Name: Bibiana
Last Name: Bishop
Title: Program Manager
Phone: (614) 293-7020